We count on all our donations to our Thrift Shop to fund our year-round community projects!
Our Biggest Fundraiser ALL YEAR!
The Junior League of Long Island would like to extend a heartfelt
for your most generous support of our organization in its efforts
to serve the Long Island Community.
ALL ITEMS are 100% tax deductible!
We gladly accept items suitable for sale and re-use that meet our quality and cleanliness standards including gently used or never worn items in:
- Clothing– for men, women and children (all seasons) including shoes, jewelry, and accessories: ties, belts, scarves, hats, gloves, handbags, wallets and sunglasses
- Household -Home décor items, kitchenware, glassware, mirrors, art, lamps, lampshades, curtains, decorative pillows, frames, small furniture (tables, chairs, desks, dressers, cabinet, bookshelves, headboards), area rugs(no larger than 5×7) outdoor garden items and Holiday décor
- Recreational Items-CD’s, records, DVD’s, toys, stuffed animals, books, (adult and children’s) sporting equipment (golf clubs, tennis rackets, skates, etc.)
We Do Not Accept:
- Clothing that is torn or stained. Clothing must be clean, free of pet hair and odors.
- Personal items (unless new & unopened) such as underwear, socks & bathing suits.
- Dirty, broken or chipped household items
- Toys with broken or missing parts
- Books that are torn, scribbled in or water damaged
- Textbooks or encyclopedias
- Used small electrical appliances (unless new and unopened)
- Box springs or mattresses
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Bedding (unless new and unopened)
- Exercise Equipment
- Baby Cribs, Playpens, Car Seats, etc. (due to product recalls)
THRIFT SHOP HOURS:
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tuesday-Friday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday
12noon to 6:00 p.m., Sunday (NEW!)
Fourth of July
New Year’s Day
Telephone: (516) 621-4890