Due to COVID-19 we are following safety guidelines issued by the CDC and taking donations on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. Please call 516-218-1477 to make an appointment.
Due to the recent pandemic, the Junior League is taking the following precautions to insure the safety of our customers and our staff.
- We are now accepting donations through our back door (by the dumpster) and not the side door. This allows us to let our donations to sit for the amount of time required by New York State. When dropping off your donations, you must wear a mask.
- When shopping in the store we require that you wear a mask at all times.
- Please be mindful of distancing during shopping when possible, and standing on the designated spots on the floor when waiting to pay.
Thank you for helping us to remain safe and healthy during this time.
Our Biggest Fundraiser ALL YEAR!
The Junior League of Long Island would like to extend a heartfelt
for your most generous support of our organization in its efforts
to serve the Long Island Community
We Gladly Accept:
Items suitable for sale and re-use that meet our quality and cleanliness standards including gently used or never worn items in:
- Clothing– for men, women and children (all seasons) including shoes, jewelry, and accessories: ties, belts, scarves, hats, gloves, handbags, wallets and sunglasses
- Household -Home décor items, kitchenware, glassware, mirrors, art, lamps, lampshades, curtains, decorative pillows, frames, small furniture (tables, chairs, desks, dressers, cabinet, bookshelves, headboards), area rugs(no larger than 5×7) outdoor garden items and Holiday décor
- Recreational Items-CDs, records, DVDs, toys, books, (adult and children’s) sporting equipment (golf clubs, tennis rackets, skates, etc.)
We Do Not Accept:
- Clothing that is torn or stained. Clothing must be clean, free of pet hair and odors.
- Personal items (unless new & unopened) such as underwear, socks & bathing suits.
- Dirty, broken or chipped household items
- Toys with broken or missing parts
- Books that are torn, scribbled in or water damaged
- Stuffed animals
- Textbooks or encyclopedias
- Used small electrical appliances (unless new and unopened)
- Used TVs, stereos, computer or related electronic equipment
- Box springs or mattresses
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Bedding (unless new and unopened)
- Exercise Equipment
- Baby Cribs, Playpens, Car Seats, etc. (due to product recalls)
THRIFT SHOP HOURS:
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sundays
- Memorial Day
- Inventory Audit
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Telephone: (516) 621-4890
Donation Hotline Number: (516) 218-1477