By giving to the Junior League of Long Island, you are supporting an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving Long Island communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
You will help provide literacy programs for children, self-esteem initiatives for tween and teenage girls, career guidance for women seeking employment to support their families, safe play areas for children in underserved communities and so much more.
Every gift, at any amount matters. Together, we can make an extraordinary impact.
The Junior League of Long Island Inc. is exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Donations to the foundation are tax-deductible as provided by law.
Ways you can give:
- Make a one-time gift. Individual donors can increase the League’s impact on our Long Island community. Donate now
- Double your impact. Apply for a matching gift. Contact your employer to find out if they have a gift matching program. Let the League know if you need any help completing the forms.
- Use AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Support the League and our Long Island community by shopping at smile.amazon.com and choosing Junior League of Long Island Inc as the benefiting charitable organization. JLLI Amazon Smile Link
- Planned giving. If you are interested in learning about planned giving options such as a gift to the League in your will, trust or any planned gift of any size, please contact us. We also welcome and appreciate legacy and memorial gifts.
- Make a gift of stock. Making a gift of stock can have tax benefits, capital gains taxes can be avoided and you may deduct the full fair market value of the gift. After a consultation, non-publicly traded securities may also be accepted by the League. Download our stock transfer form.
- Establish a donor-advised fund. Making an irrevocable gift of personal assets may allow you to receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by the IRS. After a consultation, once the fund has been established, you can have grants sent to the League.
- Sponsorship opportunities. The League partners with corporations that support our mission. With unique fundraising events and programs each year, the League offers a wide range of opportunities for sponsorship and in-kind donations (services and goods). If you are interested in partnering with the League, please contact us.
Questions? Please call (516) 484-0485 or email us for assistance.